Last weeks Wednesday Inspiration was a peacock image. Below is the eyeshadow look that it inspired.
Here’s how to get the look.
- E.L.F. cream liner in Teal Tease
- Bellapierre shimmer powder in Ha Ha sp025 (from the Iris Shimmer Stack)
- E.L.F. pigment in Tropical Teal
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
- E.L.F. pigment in Passionate Purple
- Bourjois Fantastic Volume mascara
Step by step
- Take a fluffy socket brush, I used MAC 224 and swirl in the bright teal/ blue cream liner.
- Softly apply in circular motions over the whole of the eyelid and blend softly into socket as well. This forms a solid base on which to lay the pigments.
- Then take a smaller shading brush and dip in a tiny amount of mixing fluid (just a drop). Add a small amount of the purple pigment to the shading brush and apply to the outer third of the eyelid.
- Take a clean blending brush (MAC 217 is great for this) and blend out the outer edge of the purple to soften any harsh lines.
- Take a mini shader brush, add a drop of mixing fluid and a small amount of the teal green pigment.
- Apply to inner two-thirds of the eyelid and blend the middle section with the purple outer corner using the other side of the clean blending brush used earlier. As you’re just blending out colour, the blending brush will stay fairly clean.
- Using the small shader brush from the purple pigment applied earlier, I blended the outer corner a little more. I blended further into the socket line from outer socket to about the middle of the eye socket.
- Taking a clean socket brush I applied the cobalt blue pigment. Start applying from inner corner to centre of socket, then blend into the purple.
- Take a fineliner brush and any black gel liner to create a solid line & flick.
- Add gel liner to the brush and start applying to the eyeline in small swift strokes. I like to start in the middle of the eye and work inwards to the tear duct. Then I go back to the middle and work my way out to the outer corner.
- To add the flick, I check my angles (nose to end of eyebrow) so I know where the flick should end. Starting at the end, I’ll work inwards to join up to the outer corner of the eye, smoothing the outer line as I go.
- Add a coat of black mascara and you’re done.